- 7th Cir. Holds Putative Class Plaintiff Had Standing On ‘Private’... by Christopher P. Hahn on May 26, 2020 at 3:13 pm
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit recently reversed a trial court’s order remanding a plaintiff’s claims under the […]
- U.S. House Democrats Still Pushing for Debt Collection Moratorium by Jon S. Hubbard, Ethan G. Ostroff and John Hardison on May 22, 2020 at 7:28 pm
The Democrats on the House Financial Services Committee are pushing their proposed package of bills aimed at responding to the coronavirus […]
- SCOTUS Holds ‘But For’ Causation Required to Plead § 1981 Race... by Hector E. Lora on May 22, 2020 at 3:32 pm
The Supreme Court of the United States recently held that to prevail in a claim for racial discrimination under 42 U.S.C. § 1981, “a […]
- FTC Flags COVID-19 Fraud & Abuse | $550 Million Subprime Auto Loan... by Lori Kalani on May 21, 2020 at 9:58 pm
COVID-19 FTC Flags for COVID-19-Related Fraud and Abuse The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) and the Small Business Administration […]
- FTC Settles with Online Game Developer Regarding Allegations Concerning... by Ronald I. Raether, Jr., Sadia Mirza and Edgar Vargas on May 21, 2020 at 8:19 pm
Miniclip, S.A., a Swiss-based company developing online games, recently settled with the Federal Trade Commission over false claim allegations made […]
- Suttles v. Facebook, Inc. The ATDS Debate Continues but a Texas District... by Frank Springfield on May 21, 2020 at 6:06 pm
The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals may now have to decide where it stands on the ATDS issue. On May 20, 2020, Judge Lee Yeakel of the United […]
- Michigan Court Grants Injunctive Relief Against SBA Regarding... by Mark Tyson and Miya Moore on May 21, 2020 at 4:45 pm
In March 2020, the United States Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) to provide […]
- Ransomware Attacks Amid COVID-19 by Ronald I. Raether, Jr. and Sadia Mirza on May 21, 2020 at 4:03 pm
There is never an opportune time to be the victim of a ransomware attack, but with the growing impact that COVID-19 is having on businesses and the […]
- Fifth Circuit Affirms Summary Judgment for Plaintiff in Time-Barred Debt... by Ethan G. Ostroff, Elizabeth Andrews and Alex Teixeira on May 20, 2020 at 8:19 pm
The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit recently held that certain letters seeking collection of time-barred debt by using […]
- FTC Releases Tips to Combat Contact-Tracing Scammers by Ronald I. Raether, Jr. and Sam Hyams on May 20, 2020 at 8:11 pm
As the coronavirus (“COVID-19”) testing increases across the country, state health departments have been implementing contact tracing to […]
In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, Alliant Capital Management has activated our Pandemic Response Plan for the safety of our team and our...
Over the past decade, the number of women in executive business roles has increased– including female leadership within the accounts receivable industry. As we...
The California Consumer Privacy Act, or CCPA, took effect on January 1, 2020. While the new law is not as expansive as the EU’s...
Introducing the updated face, new name and exciting future of Arbeit TONAWANDA, N.Y., March 4, 2020 (Newswire.com) - Arbeit Software, a leading provider of communication software...
Innovation in regulatory compliance | Provana LLC acquires CARMA, Inc. Provana acquires CARMA, Inc. to expand its range of audit and compliance management solutions. This...
Marian Sangalang, Vice President of The Bureaus, Inc., recently transitioned into her role as Past President of Receivables Management Association International (RMAI) while attending...
The FFAM360 Group of Companies, a world-class organization that provides revenue-centric solutions that specifically address all phases of the credit and revenue lifecycles, is...
First Financial Asset Management, FFAM360, a world-class organization that provides revenue-centric solutions that specifically address all phases of the credit and revenue lifecycle, announces...
Plaza Services, LLC is proud to announce that CMO Adam Parks has been selected as the 2020 President-Elect of the Receivables Management Association International...